Cassie is a masters of social work student at Indiana University School of Social Work, a group facilitator for a transgender support group, and momma to three loving cats (Cinnamon, Fennel, and Dusty) and a dog that is a cutie (Pepper).
Cassie doesn't limit herself in her reading, but finds herself drawn to reading a good ole mystery book! She knows though that anything could be potentially a favorite read. She also enjoys books with a social justice slant to them, which makes her partial to books like "Push" by Sapphire and "The Handmaid's Tale" by Margaret Atwood.
She grew up reading comic books because of her father, so she continues to read them to this day. Her favorite publisher is by far DC Comics. Her favorite comic book superhero will always be Donna Troy!
Five Facts About Cassie Winters-
1. She loves the girl group "Spice Girls". She owns dolls of them and solo releases of all 5 girls!
2. She has only attended one concert in her life: Cher's Believe Tour.
3. Cassie is a transgender (male to female) individual, so she is an advocate for LGBT rights. This recently resulted in her helping a local organization by being a group facilitator for them with their transgender support group.
4. Cassie has lived in Indiana and California only in her life. She lived in California for almost 6 years, but spent most of her life in Indiana .
5. Cassie will always eat the last piece of cheesecake!
Cassie's Pet Family
Cassie loves animals a lot, so these are her pet family!
Cinnamon was our first cat. He is a shelter cat. His favorite thing is eating and getting his head rubbed.
Fennel was our second cat. He was dropped off as a kitten at my partner's parents farm house. He has been with us for about 2 years now.
Dusty is the local neighborhood cat. He goes house to house, but we are sure that he loves us the most since he spends most of his time sleeping in our house.
Pepper was a our first and only dog. He was a shelter dog that my partner picked out. He likes to sleep the most. He is petrified of loud noises, so he gets babied a lot.